Friday, July 1, 2011

Here we go!!!

Dear Readers,


What are you up to? I'm sitting in Sea-Tac waiting to check in for my flight!!! Can't believe the time has come.

The last 2 weeks have flown by as I've been spending my quality time with my family. I was so blessed to get to spend time with them and recharge with those little kiddos.

I know what you're asking, because everyone is: Are you nervous? Excited? Ready?

YES!

Besides the necessary preparations, my mind has been distracted by filling juice cups and changing pull-ups literally up until 6 hours ago. Just in these last few moments has it really sunk in enough to get my adrenaline pumping!

I said bye to my sister and that's it! I'm off! I'm going to China all by myself to hang out with a bunch of people I have NEVER met. But honestly, what better way to spend your LAST summer!

The last couple days, though, as people have started to say their goodbyes and I've gotten last minute things together, realized again and again how blessed I am to be able to serve in this capacity this summer. I have always had a draw to serve overseas in a real, tangible way. I'm PUMPED to get to teach English because it is empowering. I hope that I can give these kids something that will help them get where they want to go in life.

One of the things I love about Daybreak:Asia is the way they focus on social entrepreneurship. I don't know the whole story, but the organization was set up to encourage young people (students, teachers, counselors) to choose to make ethical, caring choices now and in the future as we become the leaders of tomorrow. I love that. I'm stoked to be a part of it.

I cannot wait to catch their vision even more throughout training and orientation! I'll try to keep you posted.


In other news, I will have Internet for at least the next 24 hours probably, but I cannot guarantee anything from that point on. I will probably have it here and there, though, and will of course try to keep you posted as much as possible.


I love you all. Thanks to all of you who made this possible. Especially my parents... they're special people. My dad's closing remarks to me on the phone last night were: "Try not to drink all the tea in China," and, "I love you."

Love you too, Dad, and I can't make any guarantees about the tea.


Blessings and Peace,
Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I will also be moving but just within my state, you must be so nervous! This is exciting! I hope you have the best of times there!:D

    ReplyDelete