Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chicago Adventure

Dear Readers,

Chicago was a success. It was all very anti-climatic, as I had suspected it would be. We waited in line at the consulate for an hour, then I went up to the window, handed the lady my papers, she glued my picture to the paper with a glue stick and said, "That's all."

I said, "Oh, I don't need to sign anything?"

She said, "Nope."

And I said, "Thanks."

And that was it.

I had a great little day trip to the city with my dad. We walked around a little (the consulate was in the HEART of downtown) and saw the river and the Trump Tower. Then we went and got authentic Chicago Hot Dogs. YUMMY!

Then we drove back to Indianapolis. It was a crazy little trip.

Now I just wait 5-7 business days and I should have my passport back with a lovely visa stamped inside. That is the last piece of the puzzle that is "getting me to China." Even if I don't have anything else, I can at least get into the country. :)

As far as fundraising goes, here's an update: I've raised about $400 which is AWESOME! That's about 10% of what I need. The expenses are mounting! So if you are thinking about donating, that's be awesome. If you're in Colorado Springs and you need a baby/house/pet sitter in the next 3 weeks, I'm your gal! I will work for donations. Hit me up. Seriously. I'm also a little bored.

Much love,
Stephanie

Pics from Chicago:

Big building.

My dad eating a Chicago dog
The GPS on our rental car. Called NeverLOST. And we were!

2 comments:

  1. I had my first authentic Chicago dog at a hot dog place in downtown Sacramento :) The owner flew in all the ingredients from Chicago.. even down to the neon green relish which was a bit freaky - but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, girl...I DO need a sitter for Mew Ling and Lu Na the fourth week of June. Missed you by a week.

    How are your little armsies feelin'???

    ReplyDelete