Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Visa Tales

Dear Readers,

When it comes to getting a Chinese visa, you're options are limited. Since I am a resident of Colorado, my passport, visa application, letter of invitation, and fee must be HAND DELIVERED to the consulate in CHICAGO. At first I was like... well... how am I supposed to do that?

Turns out there are people you can hire to take all your stuff there for you. So do I trust someone I find on the internet to carry my PASSPORT around and take it there for me 1 month and 1 week before I am supposed to be entering China? No. Not really. But that's my option.

Well, guess what. I happen to be writing from Indianapolis, Indiana where my sister, Sarah, just moved. My dad, her, her cat, and I drove all the way from Colorado here in a Uhaul earlier this week. My mom called yesterday and said, "you do realize you are 3 hours from Chicago..." Needless to say, she is overnighting my passport and my dad and I are taking a day trip up to Chicago on Friday where I will PERSONALLY hand all my visa stuff to the nice people at the consulate.

I feel much better about this.

PLEASE pray for smoothness in this process.

Blessings and Peace,
Stephanie

PS: Here are pictures from our trip!


Putting Sarah's little car on the trailer. It stayed on the whole time.


Milo and Sarah. He slept most of the time, but also clawed my ear once. Good cat.

Crossing the very full mighty Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment